Hot War & Cold City - Book Faults

Moderators: Malcolm, Paul

Hot War & Cold City - Book Faults

Postby Malcolm » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:57 am

It's come to my attention that there has been a production fault affecting some copies of Hot War and Cold City 1.1. The fault is that the lamination on the cover stock has been mis-applied, leading to the covers curling over time. As far as I'm concerned, this means that we have been providing a product that is below the quality that I would be happy selling, sub-standard in fact. This covers copies sold by ourselves and IPR up to 1st September. This includes stock sold at Gen Con.

I've emailed everyone who has purchased a copy of either game from ourselves or IPR to let them know about this and offer some small form of compensation by way of apology. A good number of people have already got back in touch, which is great. However that still leaves people who might not have seen the email or who might have purchased either book at Gen Con.

If you have bought Hot War or Cold City online, then please check your spam filter or trash box! If you bought the game at Gen Con, then please send me a PM and I'll get you sorted out with our Compensation Package. That makes it sound rather grand, which it isn't really. It involves something of a refund.

I can assure everyone that we've taken this up with our printers and that pristine, non-curling copies of Hot War and Cold City 1.1 are winging their way to ourselves and IPR. Hot War will be the first one to re-stock, hopefully tomorrow if the UPS racking system is to be believed!

Again, I'd like to apologise for this and hope that this does not reduce your enjoyment of our games.

Cheers
Malcolm
The worn sprocket on the singlespeed hub of CGS

"If the concrete and the clay beneath your feet
Don't get you son
The avenues and alleyways are gonna do it
Just for fun"
Malcolm
Site Admin

Return to contested ground studios news